What is a Core?
Many products such as turbos, injectors, injection pumps, high pressure oil pumps, water pumps and some EGR coolers have a core charge that is associated with the new replacement part. You must return the old part in the original box to receive a refund on the core charge. All cores must be like for like and include all parts and pieces that were received on your new replacement product. Cores must be “as removed from engine”. Cores damaged from fire are not acceptable, also cores damaged from improper removal may not be acceptable.
Upfront Core Charge
Upfront Core Charge will be charged on all remanufactured products on the original purchase invoice. Once the core is returned you will promptly receive a credit to your account and/or original form of payment on all acceptable cores (see below), usually within 24 hours of receipt of core.
Return Cores in Advance
Customer returns cores in advance to avoid core charge. In stock orders will ship immediately once cores are received.
Core Physical Condition Requirements
All cores must be in re-buildable condition to receive a full refund of the core charge. There are some conditions that you will not receive full credit, see conditions below. On these conditions it is up to the manufacture on the amount of credit issued.
- Fire Damage
- Water Damage
- Missing parts and/or pieces
- Core Charge Timeline
After 6 months from original purchase, cores will not be accepted per our manufacturers’ core return policies.
Core Return Procedure
- Please keep all original packaging of your new item to be used for the core return as cores must be returned to the manufacturer in original packaging to receive core credit.
- Cores must be returned to MSP within 6 months of original purchase to receive core credit.
- Drain all fluids: oil, fuel, etc. out of the core before it is returned.
- Place any plastic plugs or caps received on the new item back onto the core.
- To ensure UPS, Fed Ex, or USPS will not reject the package due to fuel or oil leakage, please wrap the core in a plastic bag.
- Email a list of cores that you are needing to return to an MSP representative along with the invoice numbers you want them applied to.
- If you have an account with MSP, you can request an open core report at any time which shows all cores you eligible to return for credit. To request a core report, please email email@example.com or call 800-621-4942.
- An MSP representative will go thru your list of requested core returns, create a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) and email it back to you.
- To ensure efficient core return processing, please do not send cores in for credit without an RMA
- Please return cores in the original boxes with a printed copy of the RMA that was issued to you.
- Upon core arrival, we will ensure that it is viable core and that it matches the RMA that you were issued.
- If the core does not match the RMA, we will not be able to issue the credit and you will be notified of the situation.
- Cores returned in excess of purchases or cores returned past the due date, will not receive credit and you will be notified of the situation.
- All cores being return must be shipped to 3250 Mill Branch Rd. Memphis, TN. 38116 and should be sent “ATTN CORES”.
- Note: if you are sending pumps and/or injectors in for testing, please ship to 3288 Millbranch Rd. Memphis, TN. 38116 “ATTN SHOP”.